NINTENDO’S new NX console could have a big say on whether you buy a 4K TV in the future.
More information supposedly connected with the Nintendo NX project has surfaced today, revealing more on what the new console could be like.
A list of new details have appeared on Reddit, from a verified Reddit user by the name of UntypedHero.
For those who want to know, the Reddit moderators of the board say they have been able to verify that the poster has got connections with Nintendo development.
According to this new report, the Nintendo NX will include a wide range of compatibility options and be able to handle ports of current-gen titles, although no specific stats were included.
One of the most interesting titbits of information given to us from UntypedHero concerns the NX’s potential to output games at 4K, which could prove as stiff competition for the promised 4K ready PS4 that’s also supposed to launch this year.
Here are the full details from the Reddit post:
• The retail name for the NX is unknown to developers (or they are holding back). I’ve asked multiple sources.
• I know of at least 1 third-party Wii U game that has/have been successfully ported to NX.
• Amiibo are still supported (if you hadn’t already guessed).
• Friend codes are still a thing (unfortunately).
• I don’t know when the NX will be announced. Speculation is this month.
• There are multiple “gimmicks” with the NX, one is optional.
• There are physical dev-kits out in the wild, I don’t have access to these.
• I don’t know the model of the GPU, however there is little doubt (from what I’ve been told) that it an AMD.
• The NX is capable of outputting 4k. Consensus is up-scaling and streaming.
• DDR4 Memory (between 6GB – 8GB).”
As with every rumor it’s still worth taking everything with a pinch of salt until Nintendo confirm these details themselves.
This follows news last week that the new-look revamped Playstation 4 and Nintendo’s secretive NX console will both release before Christmas.
That was the verdict of industry insiders after computer maker AMD announced custom chips for both machines were being prepared for 2016 releases.
Playstation is so far refusing to publicly announce its revamped PS4K machine – which is rumored to come with a new God of War game.
But leaks have suggested it will launch with double the graphics power of the current PS4 and 4K video capability.
That means images will be up to four times better than the current 1080p HD quality of most flat screen televisions.
This post was originally published on DailyStar.co.uk